Consulted over rear and front fences
Our Building Design Services
We aim for our designs to be welcoming spaces filled with natural light through optimal building orientation and strategically placed windows. A well-ventilated building envelope maintaining healthy air quality and utilising thermal mass to stabilise temperature. Our designs consider accessible ‘aging in place’ strategies, passive design principles for warmth and cool spaces and support personal health & wellbeing
Zero Carbon Ready Homes
- Construction methods and low embodied energy materials prioritised towards low airborne contaminants known as volatile organic compounds ‘VOCs’
- Building envelopes airtight, double glazed windows, increased insulation, efficient fixed appliances, LED lighting
- PV systems – renewable energy generated on site
- Water tanks for household use (laundry / WC)
- NatHERS star rating – we aim for 7.0 star minimum
- Recycle, Reuse, Reduce
Environmental Sustainable Design ‘ESD’ and Passive Solar Design ‘PSD’
- Orientation to maximise passive heating and cooling, activate thermal mass
- Natural light and shading
- Cross flow ventilation
- Thermal bridging considerations
- Circular onsite system including energy generation and use and waste management
- A connection to the permaculture of a site
- Bushfire Attack Level assessment and building design response
- Accessible spaces for all occupants and visitors
- Special needs clientele design with compassion
- Digital renderings and animations
- Town planning applications
- Heritage design and research
Small block designs to maximise the space and location. Whether it is multiple small dwellings on a site or a tiny home in a laneway, we just love the challenge.
Heritage / Planning Applications
We work within heritage overlays to restore features and improve the sustainability of period homes.
Start to finish, we work with you, your site, your builder, to custom design your new home to suit you and the site. We provide support during the building process and celebrate the outcome with you. It is an exciting and nerve-wracking business and we love to come for the ride!
Renovations / Extensions
When you need to make better use of your existing space an extension or renovation is a great option. Retrofitting your beloved home with the latest technologies, insulation, draught proofing, windows, etc can be an exciting and rewarding experience.
Whether off-the-grid for full self-sufficiency or just good sustainable living we will not compromise the welcoming feel of your space.